Friday, June 13, 2008

happy birthmka

All my life I thought the Olsen twins were at least 5 years younger than me. This is because I grew up watching the endless syndication of Full House and seeing their line of musical mystery VHS tapes, The Adventures of Mary-Kate and Ashley, for years at the local library. Little did I know that they were only about a year younger than me. It's uncomfortable. During the years I spent scoffing at their baby-ness, they were rolling in the income across America from all the merchandise featuring their cherubic visage (visages? do identical twins have more than one visage?). Now they're billionaire, constantly post-anorexic fashion icons. What am I now?

I am launching this blog on the anniversary of the day of birth of two humans I have never been able to identify with. I am no mega superstar or rehab material. But with this blog, I want to establish myself. I have never had some sort of self-awareness crisis, but I want this blog to be the things my personal blog could never be. So we'll see.

No comments: